world mandate was this weekend. WHOA. I'm so overwhelmed by the personal character of God. Seriously, it blows me away how deeply God loves us. I so don't deserve for him to encourage me in ways that are specific to my needs and insecurities and the way my heart works. God knows me so well, so much better than anyone else does. This weekend God really broke my heart for the little girls of Cambodia. Its really hard to describe, but I know that I need to go at some point, even for a short term trip and minister to the girls there. I could go much deeper into detail, but I want to go and show them how much God wants to capture their hearts with his majesty and his glory. They need to feel loved and valued as the princesses that the Lord sees them as. I'm excited. its gonna happen.
if you are needing some encouragement go download some of the podcasts from this weekend.... they will rock your world. This morning Jonathon Gulley said something that really hit home with me to the point of extreme tears. He said, "Being alone is miserable. But whats worse than being alone is being surrounded by people that are not of the same heart." Whoa. Talk about convicting. I worry so much about being alone and find myself desperate to surround myself with people, but God's desire is for me to surround myself with people that are of the same heart, but more importantly be surrounded by his love. Now, thats not to say that we can't have people in our lives that have a different heart, or even are unbelievers. They just shouldn't be our 'go to' people, those that we trust with the deep parts of what God is doing, our deeper struggles and needs. They won't understand becuase they aren't of the same heart.
Clarity is a beautiful thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment