Sunday, July 19, 2009

here in your presence God I find my rest....

week 7 was not easy. nope. not at all... and I really can't explain why... it just was.
SO. I will highlight the beautiful things of week 7.
- Sunday I spent a long time in Barnes pleading with God to help me find intimate time with him this week... I just needed to be pursued by him. and oh did he. Every morning as I was heading to one of the most difficult parts of my day, I would look up and the moon would be out in the bright daylight... ~sigh~ I love that.
- Monday I had a bible study at Stephanie East's house... seriously one of the most incredible women I've ever met. I have so much respect for how genuinely she lives her life... for the Easts life is lived and is not perfect, but they use it to teach the college students around them. Its SUCH a picture of discipleship. I really do treasure that time every Monday.
- Tuesday I got to hang out with some of the PC leadership people and just talk about our summers, the struggles and the great lessons we've learned. It was great.
- Wednesday is always one of my favorite days because I drive the bus for 5th grade trip and get to spend a long time with at least one of my counselors. I LOVE walking around the Ranch loop to talk... its one of my favorite things all week. OH. and Wednesday was Plunder the Sea's birthday and the guys at camp really made it a special day for her... I was so proud.
- Thursday was a low.... but God is so good to remind me of his great love for me when I feel like a failure. His glory is so much more important than my own. I just have to rest in that.
- Friday, buffalo hunt was AWESOME. I love when kids are really hardcore about playing. the castle rock kiddos just don't get that into it. and then we cleaned bathrooms afterwards, which ended up being really fun. I had a good group of guys to hang out with. and Josiah and I discovered that I know far too much about the band world.... oh high school obessions.
- Saturday was just GLORIOUS. i love sunsets. and talking on the phone. and boats. and STEAK. its so not okay that good food can bring me that much joy.

I got my world mandate cd in the mail... so thats been on consistent repeat (duh). I love Antioch and I miss it so much.... but having Flying Visa in my cabin last week was like a little taste of Antioch home. love that girl so much.

thats all for now. time to go buy cupcakes. yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment