my dear leigh anne, I dedicate this blogpost to you.... because I'm pretty sure you have been the one bugging me to update. I finally consent.
well friends, the summer is looking a little long. the nannying thing is.... well, an adventure!
the first three weeks of this summer was spent getting used to the family and the kiddos. Picking them up from school and hanging out in the afternoons was no big deal, a little chaotic but that was expected. They had fun. I had fun. FUN.
Then I started with them full-time. Kids are still great, but WHOA the humongous house is a rather big job. I find the funniest/ most disturbing things all the time. Like muffin mix in the couch and a vacuum full of bouncy balls. There are some rooms that I attempt to tidy and then leave because I get a little too grossed out. From cups of mud in the laundry, to potato chips in a desk drawer, I thought I'd seen it all and then yesterday happened.
yesterday. I had a mouse and roaches in the kitchen/laundry/bathroom area.... ew. The cleaning lady hasn't shown up in three weeks, so things have gotten a little bit rough and I'm not ABOUT to tackle all she does. I think she's peaced out of this joint.
Then T2 (their young son) decided to experiment and dump a concoction of oil, vinegar, baking soda, capri sun and diet coke into the pool spa. awesome. I flat out asked him if he dumped it in the spa and he told me no.... but I have it on video. take that T2. you are so dead.
T1 (oldest daughter) is hilarious, and REALLY loves role-play. I never know if I'm supposed to be an explorer or a kitten or someone from the 18th century, but every-day, all-day is a role play. I'm all about playing pretend and dress-up, but DUDE... its exhausting!
The sweet deal is that they have a pool and the kids love to swim, but lately that option has been out because T2 is grounded from everything. He hates my guts so much right now, but I'm pulling the teacher/sr. counselor card and putting my foot down at the beginning with the hopes that he eventually learns my expectations. Until then, I'm getting these daily face-down on the floor, fist-pounding, door slamming tantrums.
go for it little man. scream all you want. you still can't argue with me that you need to clean up the sea of legos on the floor. I WILL go all Ms. Melinder on you.
so yeah, thats that. I desperately needed a break and Rachel's wedding came at the perfect time.
I can't even begin to put into detail what a great week it was. I've decided that my favorite thing about weddings is not the grooms face when she walks down the aisle, or the beautiful dress, or the flower girls, or even the cake (SHOCK). Its the fact that all of these people have gathered to one place to honor my friends. I loved getting to brag to people about the amazing man and woman I'm friends with.
My highlight reel:
-bachelorette fondue FIESTA at the Melting Pot. oh my gooooodness. oreo marshmallow + bananas foster fondue = total bliss.
-watching the peacocks at Green Pastures for the bridal lunch.
-trying to keep our chocolate shoe favors from melting all day... and then diving into them when we landed back at the hotel.
-loving the girls around me so much that we don't even have to talk. Watching MTV cribs countdown together for hours was good enough.
-meeting Rachel's little cousin Rileigh at the rehearsal. shes 7 going on 22. I really could write a whole blog of her quotes.
- Rachel's dad giving a little bitty smile as he fake gave her away. It hit him....
- watching the slideshow at the rehearsal dinner and being reminded of how much we've grown in four years.
- Rachel's sister Leah's toast. it was SO loving and heartfelt.
- hanging out in austin for a whole day with two of my roomies and feeling like nothing ever changed.
- standing with Rachel for a brief second before she went out to get married. it was our only "alone" time all week and I started to bawl right after.
- trying to pull it together while walking down the aisle, then catching Corey's eye and then losing it again. I still smile thinking about that moment.
- watching Rach and Corey vow their lives to each other. Their vows were super legit. Crying AGAIN.
- Catching Corey's eye right before they were pronounced husband and wife. Way to go Corey... all the bridesmaids loved that moment so much.
- Walking back down the aisle to the sight of Rachel overcome with emotion, just waiting for us to hug her.
- Rileigh crying at the reception because she couldn't sit with us "her real friends," but then getting to dance the night away with her.
- The opportunity to toast to my friends marriage and brag about why they are so great.
- Being the overzealous bridesmaid who just needs to get a grip and stop TRYING to catch the bouquet. I regretted it the second I touched it. Agh. Competition brings out the worst in me. so embarrassing.
- group hug before they left. its last time for a long time we'll all be together....
- watching Rachel and Corey run through the gorgeous sparkler tunnel, so so so happy to finally get to be together ALWAYS. sigh. it was magic.
- CREME BRULEE FRENCH TOAST. are you freaking kidding me?
- one last hug n' pray before we all left. and then the tears REALLY started, all the way to Waco.
- Common Grounds with the Hales, theres no better pit stop in the world.
- then TYLER! that part of the week would need its own post. but its not gonna happen. lo siento. I love my family there. the end.
it was an OVERWHELMING amount of love for one week. I was exploding with joy.
so. this week and last week are like oil and water. they just don't blend together. but put em' in a pool spa and they have to.
or at least one will get filtered out eventually.
this made me laugh so hard... and tear up alot. I need to print this out because it helps me remember the absolute blur that was that day :)
ReplyDeleteI love you Lace!!
Lace,
ReplyDeleteAside from getting married to the love of my life, catching the eye of each bridesmaids was a def fav memory too :)