oh my. i can't believe Pine Cove is so close now. wasn't it just a few weeks ago that I was asking Haley what the heck Pine Cove was, and now my khaki shorts, goofy sunglasses, duct-tape filled giant blue bin is almost packed and ready to go. I'm excited beyond belief, but also nervous about the unknown things ahead. Kids are my comfort zone, I understand them so much more than people my own age. College kids, I get nervous around. With kids, I feel okay in my own skin. Its not the kids that I'm worried about, it the people I'm going to work WITH. Anyone I've ever met from Pine Cove is an incredible person, the type of people I completely freeze up around. And man, if there ever was NOT a time to freeze up, this would be it.
Its something God has been doing in my heart from the beginning of this year in my heart: replacing my immobilizing fear of man, with a wholehearted love for those who feel unloved. Rather than focusing on my extremely selfish fear of what others think of me, I pray that God challenges me minute by minute to be someone who seeks. Seeks the heart of God and his personality. Seeks the simple beauty in the curiosity of children. Seeks the heart of a faith-filled child.
my goal is to seek and be shown His glory.
ILOVEYOU!
ReplyDeleteknow that i'll be praying for you and Hales ALL the time :)
YAYYYYY!!! i'm freeeeaking out this summer is going to be so amazing...
ReplyDeletei love you, you are going to be such a great counselor!!