"daughter, I'm going to ask you to do something hard but i need you to be obedient.
-I'm sorry, what was that?
I need you to do something hard. Actually, I need you to do lots of hard things. Some things that will make you cry and things that will make people second guess you. Things that you don't want to do at all. But nevertheless, i need you to be obedient.
-But Lord, why me? Why do I have to choose the hard road? Others seem to have it so simple, living life just as they please, fulfilling their every desire. Why do I have to make the hard choices?
Because you are worth it.
-Me? Lord, you are the one who is worthy of praise, and I give it to you. Wholly. I'm yours, but still... why hard things? What is the purpose of causing me to hurt so badly?
Because you are worth it. You are worth my testing, my trials and and my fire. Through my fire you are made pure, holy and blameless. Through my fire you know my character and you know my faithfulness. And in knowing my character, you will become more than you could have ever seen yourself becoming.
-Okay, but Lord... what if people don't understand... what if they hurt because I'm going through your fire?
Then they will know my power and my character through your obedience. If they know my character, they will know your heart.
-Lord what do I do when I can't go anymore, when I'm worn down and broken? When I can't make it any longer, when I'm exhausted?
In your exhaustion, you find my strength. You find my faithfulness to your weakness. You find my heart for you by abiding in me. Abide in me, daughter, and I will carry you.
-When will the hard things end Lord? When have I proven myself as worthy of your love and can find peace?
Oh daughter, you never have to prove yourself of anything. You are justified completely and fully just as you are. Even if you were to take the easy road, I still would call you my own.
-Then why can't I take the easy way?
You can. You just won't find the full joy that I have planned for you. My joy is so much greater than the one your heart desires. When you abide in me, the desires of my heart become yours. The hard choices don't end, but your heart behind the choices will.
-Lord, I'm scared. I don't like the thought of doing hard things, although I know its in your will and in my best interest.
Be still my daughter, for I have been good to you and I will always be good to you. I am faithful and unchanging. I am your Father, and my love is unconditional. My love for you is patient and kind. It does not envy, it does no boast. It is not proud, rude, self-seeking or easily angered. My love keeps no record of your wrongs. My love rejoices in the truth. My love ALWAYS protects you, trusts you, always hopes and always perseveres.
You, my precious daughter, are worthy of my love."
Oh Lacey, I miss you.
ReplyDeleteThanks for this post. I def needed it, I'm completely going through this right now.
by the way, I miss you bunches. I feel like a horrible friend for not keeping up very well at all. I'm super new to this whole blogging area of life, and I randomly stumbled across yours via your facebook status. and it was exactly what i needed to read..coincidence? I think not...