
LEARN

PLAY

LIVE

LOVE
Welp.... life is psycho. thats basically it.
I cannot believe how quickly this semester is flying by, it truly baffles my mind. Today I turn in my last set of lesson plans for this semester, and I still don't really know how to tell my kids that we aren't coming back after next week. Haha, it would be so typical for them to be like, "hmm... okay. Whatever, Ms. Linder. Will I still get stickers?"
tomorrow I turn 21. I'm still trying to figure out what that means. I was taking a shower earlier and was appalled by the number 21. That's a long time to be on the planet and I still feel like such a kid. There is still so much to do... and so many opportunities passed that I will never see again. Like my deep yearning from childhood to be a ballerina. Yep. That one is gone. See ya, ballerina dreams. Or owning a light brite. I always wished I could've had a light brite.
But then there are so many things to look ahead to and get excited about. SOOOOO many things. Living with really cool girls next year (haha, yeah... still figuring that one out), graduating, getting my first classroom, getting married, having kids, eventually sending my kids to school... and so and so on. There is SO much left to happen. and its exciting.
My college world looks so different this year, its strange. but i love it. The busyness is so different from last year's busyness. Its a people busyness. There has been only three weekends this entire year when I wasn't with people from Pine Cove who didn't go to Baylor, and that was the weekend that I went home. That has been the biggest blessing ever... and set my year in a completely different tone. mmmm.... i like it. God has blessed me with an incredible set of Baylor friends, both new and old who bless me daily and weekendly. I'm a big fan of live-giving people.
Lately I've been learning so much about the father heart of God. Its blowing my mind really... I've always considered God as God the Father and left it at that. But in the last few weeks, really months, God has been truly been showing up in my life as Father God, a Daddy who provides and cares for his daughter. Its changing my entire outlook on the trials and worries of life. When I begin to worry or stress, my Father God reminds me that he is the ulimate protector and provider. You know how Dads get when they want so badly to give good gifts or blessings to their children? I know my Dad (the best Daddy in the world) loves to give us simple things that he knows will bless us. Things I need, but I hate to ask for because I feel like I should provide for them myself. Our Father God is the same way. He sees our need and knows when and how to provide. The powerful thing is that he steps in to be the sufficiency we need when our earthly fathers have given all they can. Lets face it, our parents, ALL parents, are human. They can't be perfect and we certainly can't expect them to be. I'm blessed with the most amazing parents who love me more than most people ever feel love. They work hard and sacrifice to provide for me and my siblings. They lead us in godliness and have taught us what a life of service looks like. But they are still human. And God steps right in those human places and says "rest in me. follow me. I am the unfailing Father. I am your provider and guidence." So I have no need to worry. Ever. When the earth crumbles away and I don't know where to lean, God is there solid as a rock ready to take my burdens and worries.
and its not just me. He is there for you too. So take deep breath, stop blaming the world and just rest in his peace. He fills up the places that others just can't.
read The Shack. whoa. whoa. whoa. whoa. WHOA.
haha. now "whoa" looks really funny.
~felicidad
Haha, "appalled" by the number 21. Embrace it.
ReplyDeleteLite Brite= not that cool. My brother had one I always thought it was the most boring toy ever. But that is probably because I have no artistic skills.
Ballerina dreams= maybe you can live vicariously through your daughter someday. But not in a creepy crazy stage mom way.
Miss ya.
By the way, you know the word verification you have to write on here to post a comment? Mine right now is "waingle". LOL!! I think that should be a word... like I am stuck in a waingle (perhaps a leafy bush? Sounds like somthing from Dr. Seuss.)