dude. getting your CDL is a lot tougher than you think... i have a whole new respect for bus drivers. seriously. EIGHT tests.... for real. So I came to the Tizzowers on Wednesday to help out with some trailblazing stuff, making decorations, freshening the creek... you know, the usual. Its really incredible to see how much a difference working alongside encouraging people can be. Okay, get this. So its like 15 of us in the empty creek, digging up rocks that have been buried waaaaay in there surrounded by bugs and all sorts of nasty. Had I been doing this job in the real world I know that the people around me would've been complaining and whining and talking about how frustrating this job of "freshening the creek" is. But not here. Nope. We just worked alongside each other, singing gospel songs, sharing testimonies, hopes, fears, and funny stories. It was such a fun picture of what the body of Christ looks like for us over the summer. Sometimes things are nasty and gross and really not fun. But as the body of Christ we can make it into something so much more. It can become a significant moment that we don't expect.
Next day. I got the DPS at like... 10? maybe I'm really not sure. But I left at 1. Three hours of tests... oh my gosh. I'm not gonna lie it was slightly more stressful than taking the SAT. In a wierd way. Thats probably due to the fact the that lady was hand grading my test right in front of me as I'm keeping a tally in my head of how many questions I missed at a time so I would know if I passed or not. 6 tests later I had my permit to start driving our bus. haha. For the record I know: the general knowledge stuff, texas state requirements, pre-inspection, air brakes, passenger requirements, and school bus requirements. yay. Bubbahead (my program director) and I spent the rest of the afternoon in the day camp field driving the bus around soccer goals. its was SO funny to see all my great leadership friends waching me from the upper room. they even took videos for me. love it.
next day. wake up at 6 to get to the DPS by 7:30... and then wait for a few hours with Casey and Bubba. those guys were so great to me, Bubba was like "I feel like a dad..." ha. Then the time comes. bum bum bum. driving around Tyler in TRAFFIC is VERY different than driving around a field, just so you know. I don't physically tremble that often, but I DEFINITELY was when I started to test my air brakes, because I always forget how. and I did. twice. but luckily the lady said I had three tries. hallelujah. then celebratory Braums afterwards... yay. I've never been so relieved in my life.
doneskies.
name game is really funny when you a returning staffer. people sell the most hilarious names. and i've sold three. name babies are fun.
okay thats it for now. more later. this week is going to be fun slash overwhelming but I'm really looking foward to it. :o)
until next saturday in brookshires....
First, glad you enjoyed cleaning the riverbed ;)
ReplyDeleteSecond, woohoo! You passed!!!!! :)
Third, can't wait for your next update!
Forth, you are loved!