- Finish reading "A Voice in the Wind": I'm almost done
- Workout often: its been once and I killed my calves the point that I can't really walk right now. ouchie. workout over.
- Sew myself some new non-skanky boutique length skirts: I sewed Emily's apron for Christmas and remembered that I suck at sewing. Dream over.
- Study for the GRE: well.... as Jorey and I drive around randomly he will quiz me on some of the words. yay?
- Practice icing cupcakes: this has turned into a sickness that will be the downfall of my whole family's "health."
People. The issue with having such a new love for decorating cupcakes and trying to make fancy icing is that you have to bake cupcakes to then decorate. cupcakes make you fat. Luckily my little sister is really good at mixing up cake mixes and really enjoys it, so I don't have to do that.... I just make the frosting and get to have fun.
It all began Christmas morning when I got the cake decorating set that I've been wanting. I was pretty excited to make the oh-so-coveted fancy icing that all my favorite little shops make. Now I have the power. yay.
Well. After Christmas morning and the fun of icing a cutting board was over.... I've been looking for any opportunity to frost cupcakes. 3 batches already and a fourth in the oven.
First I had to actually frost a set using the happy Wilton frosting recipe. Great success.
Then the Food Network HAD to go and make my holiday dreams come true and pilot an episode of "Cupcake Wars" that night. A whole other world of cool ideas opened up.
Commence experimentation.
Tonight, Emmy and I are doing white cake with an attempt at raspberry frosting... hmm. we'll see. Her room is SO pink, so we're baking pink cupcakes tonight... while watching the Hannah Montana movie.
that's worth it... right?
MMMMmmmmmm....
ReplyDeleteOk, found the answers to your future you've been looking for.
Step 1: Come to my side of town.
Step 2: Open a cupcake boutique.
Step 3: Name it Genuine Lace Cupcakes.
Step 4: Never leave. The orient is overrated.
Sound good? I thought so...
:)
My sister is into making cupcakes too! She LOVES it, finding new recipes, and all that stuff. So fun! I didn't even think to try and make some with her...it would have been a blast. Maybe next Christmas :)
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed your post!