Friday, February 19, 2010

gee double oh dee jay oh bee


i laughed so hard i couldn't breathe.
like really, I was a little bit concerned for my safety. but if theres a way to die, it would be laughing with some of my best friends while eating ravioli on Valentines day.

without these women I wouldn't be the person I am now... and I'm forever grateful that they are my friends.


thats pretty much all for now. right now I'm reading Desiring God by Piper and the chapter on worship keeps blowing my mind.
"The feelings that really matter are not mere physical sensations. They are the stirring up of the soul with some perceived treasure or threat. There is a connection between the feelings of the soul and the sensation of the body.... In other words, heartfelt gratitude can make you cry. Fear of God can make you tremble. The crying and the trembling are in themselves spiritually insignificant... But the gratitude and fear are not optional in the Christian life."

uh. hi God. thanks for directing John Piper to write a paragraph that touches so explicitly on my biggest question and struggle this year. What does it mean to worship? I'm a passionate person, but does that make my worship heartfelt? Piper later talks about how worship is an end to itself, rather than a means to some other experience or benefit. We don't feel fear or sadness as an attempt to feel something else do we? So authentic worship is humbly reflecting back to God his worth and glory, out of the affection of a heart, not duty.

oh good stuff. i'm really liking this book.

i'm also listening to the Selena soundtrack, no deep spiritual truths uncovered there yet.
bidi-bidi-bom-bom.

No comments:

Post a Comment