Sunday, May 23, 2010

I'm back again.

Well. I decided that I like blogging in my blogspot instead of Tumblr. but I like having Tumblr around.... so we'll try this a different way. I miss blog comments. Selfish and self-absorbed? 'fraid so.

Well lets see here....

-I graduated from Baylor-
its kind of a big deal and I didn't realize how major it was until we started walking onto the Ferrell Center floor. That was one of the coolest moments of my life. In my brain I was desperately trying to remember that I was wearing very tall heels and I needed to walk carefully while trying to find my family. The days leading up to graduation were very very surreal and it hit me at the strangest times. Like every single time I was waiting for our apartment gate to open my mind was running with the thought, "I'm graduating... from college. this week.... I won't live in Waco anymore. I will be a college graduate. I'm too immature to be a college graduate... this isn't right!" But as time went on I got more and more used to the idea and now I'm just having to daily remind myself that I will not be moving back to Waco in a few months. I'll be moving to Tyler.

Speaking of TYYYYLER.... I can now officially say that I'm going to be in the Forge next fall. hooray! For those who might not know, the Forge is an eight month long ministry training and discipleship program through Pine Cove. I get to live with the ministry of Pine Cove for eight months.... are you joking me???? The programs entails 19 hours of classes every week covering theology, bible survey, inductive bible study, leadership practicals... etc. As a Forge class we also put the things we are learning to practical use by working alongside the full-time staff at Pine Cove for weekend retreats and conferences and through various ministry trips that we take. and.... ~drum roll~ we go to Israel for a study tour in March. HOLY COW. that alone makes me tear up. So I'm pretty excited. Like REALLY excited. and prayerful for God to provide all of my needs for tuition money. He is God and I am not... and good thing! I'm hopeless without his grace.

Since the Forge starts in September, I'm not working at camp this summer... weird, but so God. I knew that if I was doing the Forge, it was wise to stay home to work, fundraise and be with the fam for a few months. and if I had been looking for a fall teaching position, camp would be out of the question too. SO. I'm in Houston for the summer, nannying for a sweet family and babysitting my little heart out. if you need a sitter.... call me. haha.

moving back home is such a blessing at this time in my life for so many reasons more than just free food and rent (PRAISE THE LAMB). I'm excited to re-learn my family and for them to re-learn me. This is the longest I've been home in four years.... and I've changed a lot. So has my wonderful family... they've been through so much in the last few years and I'm excited to be here for us to go through some more major changes together. Also, my Nana isn't doing so well health-wise I'm really glad to be in town so I can visit her more often and be here, available. I wish I would've spent more time with my Granddad before he passed away and I won't make the same mistake twice. AND my sister is making the big jump to jr. high in the fall and I'll be here for her first two weeks. PERFECT.

My goal for this summer is to find a small group of young women to live life with. People my age to connect with, a group of girls to lead and a few girls to meet with one-on-one. I'm REALLY excited at the new opportunities I have for 3 solid months of living life with others. I need to take a little trip to Mardel and pick out some good books. Meh. cut that, I'm on a budget. library... here I come.

in lighter news: I'm addicted to LOST. its bad yall.... I'm finished with Season 3 and Season 4 will easily be done by the end of the week.

and I got a MacBook pro for graduation.
RIP Dell Inspiron 1505. you were a great undergrad lappy and you were tired of living.
the Mac needs a name, and Lacey Murphy suggested Donald. So he can be MacDonald.

you want fries with that?

2 comments:

  1. haha I am about to start using my blogspot again too... I like tumblr for reading other posts, but I like blogspot better for my own posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lacey! please update your blog -- i love reading about your life and im sure there are some funny stories you can tell the blog-o-sphere world (as my dad refers to it) about being a nanny. okay, thats all. love you friend!

    ReplyDelete